INFORMATION ABOUT US
This website is operated by KPMG LLP. KPMG LLP ("we" or “us”) is a UK limited liability partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative, a Swiss entity. We are registered in England and Wales under company number OC 301540 and have our registered office at 15 Canada Square, London, E14 5GL.
If you would like further information regarding KPMG’s compliance with the Provision of Services Regulations 2009 please visit the Regulatory Information page.
NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice or serve as a substitute for any audit, advisory, tax or other professional advice, consultation or service.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site and in the material published on our Site, including but not limited to any concepts, ideas, methods, procedures, processes, know-how, techniques, programs, publications, models, products, templates, technologies, software designs, art work, graphics and information on or described in the Site. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Users are encouraged to print or distribute content (e.g. via link on a social network) provided that:
- The use of the content is personal and non-commercial
- All copyright, trademark and similar notices are retained
- The content is not used as or implies that KPMG, KPMG International or KPMG LLP is providing a testimonial or endorsement of an organisation, its products or services.
You must not modify, reproduce, publically display, perform, distribute or use for any public or commercial purposes without explicit written permission from the appropriate content or material provider (including third-party links).
The KPMG name and logo and “CUTTING THROUGH COMPLEXITY” are registered trademarks or trademarks of KPMG International and other products and service names mentioned on the Site may be the registered trademarks or trademarks of KPMG International or KPMG LLP.
Use of these marks requires express prior permission from, and a license agreement with, KPMG International or KPMG LLP. Unauthorised use of these and any other of KPMG’s portfolio of trademarks is prohibited and may become subject to legal proceedings.
To request written approval, please use the “Contact us” feature.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied, included but not limited to that the site will be uninterrupted, without delay, error-free, omission-free, or free of viruses.
KPMG, its related partners, managing directors, principals, agents or employees will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage arising under or in connection with but not limited to:
- use of, or inability to use, our site;
- or use of, or reliance on, any content displayed on our site.
Please note that we only provide our site for general, domestic and non-commercial use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, savings, data, sales or revenue, loss of business, business interruption or business opportunity or any indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, punitive, consequential or other loss or damage.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses and will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus infected either through our site or third party link.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information and convenience only. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the contents of those sites or resources.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
You must not establish a link which
- suggests any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists;
- links to our site from a website that is not owned by you;
- involves the unauthorised use of our logo; and/ or
- takes the form of a link that disguises the URL and/ or bypasses the homepage or pages containing the entity copyright, legal disclaimer and online policy statement
Updated: October 2015
KPMG is dedicated to protecting the confidentiality and privacy of information entrusted to it, and complies with the Data Protection Act 1998. Please review this Privacy Statement to learn more about what information we may collect about you through this website and how we use that information. KPMG may also collect personal data in the course of providing professional services (see below for further details).
By using this website and submitting information to us you are agreeing to the collection and use of your personal and non personal information as described in this Privacy Statement and our Cookies Policy.
The type of information we collect from users
- We collect only such personal data as is provided voluntarily by visitors to our website. For example, you may provide information such as your name, title, work address and email address in order to register for certain services, view content or to send or receive email to/from us through the site.
Uses of collected information
- We will use your personal data only for the purpose for which it was collected, unless we obtain your specific consent to other uses, or unless otherwise required or permitted by law or professional standards. For example, if you send us an email message requesting information about KPMG we will use your email address and other information you supply to respond to your request.
- We may share personal data that you submit to us via this website to other member firms in the KPMG network of firms or to suppliers or subcontractors working on our behalf (including transfers across geographical borders worldwide) in accordance with our data protection obligations.
- We do not disclose your personal data to third parties (excluding those identified above) except as required and permitted by applicable law.
- We do not sell your personal data or provide it to third parties for their direct marketing use. We may add your personal data to our CRM (Contact Relationship Management) database which we use to develop our relationship with current and prospective contacts.
Data security and storage
- KPMG has appropriate technical and organisational security policies and procedures in place to protect personal data and information from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction.
- Additionally, we aim to ensure that access to your personal data is limited to those who need to access it. Those individuals who have access to the data are required to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- Please be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data which is transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- We use reasonable efforts to retain personal data collected from you only for so long as we need such data in accordance with the purpose for which it was collected or until we are requested to delete it (if earlier).
Access to collected information
- You have the right to request a copy of personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) that we keep about you, and to have any inaccurate information about you corrected. If you wish to make such a request or you are concerned that any of the information we possess about you is incorrect, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you wish to unsubscribe from any KPMG mailing list or registration, we will provide instructions on the appropriate web page or communication, or you may contact us by email at email@example.com
Links to other sites
Provision of professional services
- KPMG will also often receive personal information in the course of providing professional services – ordinarily when we provide services to private individuals, employers, businesses with personal customers, and public sector clients with constituents. Our engagement letter and terms of business govern our relationship with clients, including what we may do with personal data that is provided to us. KPMG provides many different types of services and its role may not always be visible to the individuals who are data subjects.
- Accordingly, if you have a privacy query or concern you should first contact your employer or the relevant organisation with whom you have a relationship (e.g. your bank). They will be in the best position to advise you.
- More generally, KPMG complies with its obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998, and applicable regulatory guidance which relates to our handling of personal data (for example, as published by our principal regulator, the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales). Regulatory information about KPMG can be found here.
Changes to this policy
- KPMG keeps this Privacy Statement under regular review and may modify or amend it from time to time at our discretion. If we make changes, we will record the date of amendment or modification in the Privacy Statement. The revised Privacy Statement will apply to you and your information from that date. We would encourage you to review this Privacy Statement periodically to check if there are any changes in how we are treating your personal data. This Privacy Statement was last updated in October 2015.
- If you have questions, comments or complaints about our handling or protection of your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org